This course will be facilitaed by OMT Training
(location has a massive car park and there is no charge)
Students who successfully complete the OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation training course will be able to gain full insurance to use manipulative techniques within their own private practise.
All techniques covered in depth are routinely used by therapists such as, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Physiotherapists and will allow you to add a whole new dimension to your current skill levels. Rest assured you will be confident from the moment you leave us to use all of the techniques.
Spinal manipulation has been proven to be highly effective in the treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions and is promoted by N.I.C.E the national institute of clinical excellence for the treatment of lower back pain.
OMT Training will introduce the participants of OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation into the theoretical and practical principals of using Manipulation techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
This Practical Training Course will give students the following:
• 16 hours of face to face teaching
• 16 hours pre-reading information
• Total time 32 hours CPD
• Continued assessment throughout the course
• 30-45 mins written competency test for all students
• Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation
OMT Osteopathic Spinal Manipulation will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice.
• Discuss scientific evidence for the use of manipulation techniques
• Discuss current research for the use of Manipulation
• Relate the use of Manipulation to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
• Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use manipulation techniques
Spinal Manipulative techniques for the following spinal sections:
• Cervical Thoracic Junction (C7-T1)
• Thoracic Spine (T1-T12)
• Thoracic Lumbar Junction (T12-L1)
• Lumbar Spine (L1-S1)
Note – HVT to OA, AA, C1-C6 and SIJ are not covered over this four day spinal manipulation course. Techniques for cervical mobilisation and articulation along with active and passive examination for the cervical spine will be covered.
Who is this course for?
Sports Therapist/Student Sports Therapists
Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
Other healthcare providers